We offer a year around program for students ages 3 and up. Beginning through Advanced levels. Group and Private Lessons are available.
General Class Information
Miss Debbie De Mello Pine has been dancing since the age of 6 and has several decades of dance training in Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Lyrical, Hip Hop, Gymnastics, Acrobatics, Hula, Tahitian, Maori and World Dance. She trained locally in the San Francisco Bay Area, as well as in Los Angeles, with teachers such as Mary Ann Norris, Dee McGee, Michael Rooney, Joe Tremaine, Chris Dupree and Doug Caldwell. Her extensive vocal training in both Classical Music and Musical Theater has also enabled her to pursue various avenues in the performing arts. Debbie has more than 30 years of experience as an instructor and choreographer. She started her career at the age of 14, teaching and choreographing for a local studio and by 15, she was already directing a championship dance team. In addition to presiding on the staff of various studios, she has also owned and operated her own Mobile Performing Arts Program and acted as Dance and Performance Director for various schools and Adult Education Programs. As a student, she was awarded 100’s of championships and titles for her performances in Regional, State and National competitions. Under her direction, Debbie’s students have also won countless titles from the Regional to National levels. Her students have graced the Broadway stage, performed on MTV and in music videos. Several of her dancers have also gone on to become choreographers and instructors. Debbie regularly judges Dance and Performing Arts competitions and Scholarship Pageants.
Debbie De Mello Pine
Tuition is charged by the month, is per student and adjusted according to the number of classes for which a student is registered. See schedule. Full tuition is due by the 1st of each month and is considered late by the 5th of each month. Monthly installments do not vary, regardless of holiday closure or months in which 5 lessons are offered. Tuition reserves a student’s place in class, whether or not they attend. Therefore, tuition does not vary according to attendance.
Refunds and Drop Notices
There are no refunds for classes paid in monthly installments. If you wish to drop a class for any reason, a 30 day written notice, accompanied by your final tuition payment is required. Written Drop Notices must be turned in directly to the instructor. Verbal notices will not be accepted.
*Level 2 and above by instructor approval
Tuition for Debbie De Mello Pine Youth Classes
[one-half last=no]1 hour per week
1.5 hours per week
2 hours per week
2.5 hours per week
3 hours per week
3.5 hours per week
4 hours per week
Unlimited Class Rate (5 or more classes per week)
[/one-half][one-half last=yes]$64 per month
$85 per month
$105 per month
$125 per month
$145 per month
$165 per month
$180 per month
$210 per month[/one-half]
Trial Class Fee $20
One Time Registration Fee $25 per student
(Payments for Dance Classes are to be made by check or cash and are payable to Dance Boulevard)
*Monthly tuition payments for all classes are due by the 1st of each month. A late fee of $10 will be assessed on the 5th. Class participation may be denied for outstanding accounts. Monthly tuition payments are non- refundable. Rates shown are per individual student and based on a 4 week (lesson) month.
Private Lessons are available by arrangement with instructor. Tuition for Private Lessons is due by the 1st of the month and payable directly to the instructor (Debbie De Mello Pine).
One ½ hour Private Lesson per week $160 per month (months with 4 lessons)
One ½ hour Private Lessons per week $200 per month (months with 5 lessons)
Regular attendance provides the opportunity for students to advance at similar rates, prepare for performances and work as a cohesive team. Absences will affect a student’s performance. Excessive absences may prevent participation in performances. Absences do not affect tuition.
If there is another class available, students may have the option to make-up a missed class due to absence. Make-up lessons are subject to classroom availability and the instructor’s discretion. Make-up classes must be taken within 4 weeks of a missed class or will be forfeited. There is a limit of one make-up class per month. A 24 hour notice of cancellation by phone must be given to the school or the lesson is forfeited.
Warm-up time is important in dance to avoid injury. For the safety of each student, any student arriving after the first 15 minutes of class will not be allowed to participate.
Performances allow students to gain confidence, provide a service to the community and utilize recital costumes. Performance opportunities are available to students at the instructor’s discretion.
Costume fees are due at the time costume orders are placed. Costume fees are not refundable. Costume costs vary based on the class and number of dances each student has.
Competition Dance Teams and Performance Teams are by invitation/audition by the instructor. Students that are invited to participate on these teams are typically students that participate in 4 or more classes per week, are of an intermediate and above level and show dedication in their dance education. Students that are chosen to participate on these teams are required to commit to attending all required rehearsals. Level placement and advancement is at the discretion of the instructor, not the parents.
- Observation of classes inside the dance studio is prohibited at all times. Parents are welcome to wait in the downstairs lobby, but due to space constraints it is highly recommended (unless you have a small child attending) that you drop off your child and pick them up at the completion of his/her class. Because there are other classes going on in the studio adjacent to the main lobby, we ask that parents and younger siblings do not cause disruption of classes. Cell phone use in the classroom and lobby are strictly prohibited. If you must talk on the phone, please take it outside.
- Parents and students are asked not to disrupt any class that is in progress. Please do not walk through classes that are taking place. Parents of students ages 3-5 may walk their child to and from the classroom, careful not to disrupt other classes. Parents of students ages 6 and up should remain downstairs.
- Students must be on time for classes. Any student that is more than 15 minutes late for class may not participate in class that day. It is important for students to participate in warm-ups. Late arrival also causes a disruption in class.
- Students must abide by the dress code at all times.
- Hair must be pulled back for all classes. Hair should be secured in a bun for Ballet class. For all other classes, hair must be in a bun or pony tail. Short hair must be pulled back from the face.
- No jewelry should be worn to class. Post earrings are acceptable, but please no necklaces, bracelets or anklets.
- Food, drinks and gum are not allowed inside the studio. Students may bring bottled water.
- Street shoes are not allowed on the dance floor. Students are not to wear their dance shoes outside.
- Cell phones must remain turned off and put away during classes,
- For the protection of the students and to keep disruptions to a minimum, photography and video taping of students inside the studio is strictly prohibited. Videotaping and photographing during any performance is also strictly prohibited.
- Dance performance numbers and routines are the sole property of the instructor. Students are prohibited to perform these numbers at functions, shows or competitions, without written consent from your instructor. Posting the instructor’s choreography on internet sites and social networks such as YouTube is also prohibited.
- Tuition accounts must be current in order for students to participate in classes and performances.
- Students are required to attend class regularly to participate in classes and performances. Excessive absences may be just cause to pull students out of performance numbers.
- Students are required to attend their regularly scheduled class. Students may not attend an alternate class unless they have permission from the instructor.
- Disrespect toward instructors, staff members and other students by any parent or student will not be tolerated, and may be just cause for dismissal from the program.
- Parents and students will be required to follow any rules and guidelines pertaining to classes and performances.
2012/2013 Holiday Schedule
There will be no classes on the following dates:
December 24th, 2012-January 1st, 2013 (Class resumes January 2nd)
Monday, February 18th, 2013 Presidents Day
Monday, May 27th, 2013 Memorial Day
Thursday, July 4th, 2013 Independence Day
There are no credits or adjustments to tuition for the above holidays. Your monthly tuition is based on a yearly session amount. Students are welcome to take class on an alternate day and time to makeup. Please pre-schedule with your instructor.
Please note, on rare occasions, there may be a need to cancel a class due to performances, competitions, student attendance, instructor illness or other scheduling conflicts. In the case of a cancellation by the instructor, classes will be rescheduled or a makeup class will be offered on an alternate day. Parents will be given ample notice.
Parent Observation Weeks
As a general rule, we do not allow parents to observe classes. This keeps distraction and interruptions to a minimum for all students. We have scheduled 4 Parent Observation weeks for the upcoming year. They are as follows:
November 12-17, 2012
February 4-9, 2013
May 4-9, 2013 (Limited to Pre-Ballet and Level 1 classes only)
August 19-24, 2013
Observation during these weeks is limited to parents only. Friends, siblings and other family members will not allowed in the classroom. Observation is also limited to regular technique classes for beginning level students only. There will be no observation of Senior/Junior Team practice or rehearsals. Parents are expected to follow the classroom rules. No photos or video will be allowed. Cell phones must remain off. Observation weeks are subject to rescheduling by the instructor, pending any performance or competition that may be scheduled.