Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop
We offer a year around program for students ages 3 and up. Beginning through Advanced levels. Group and Private Lessons are available.
Miss Debbie De Mello Pine has been dancing since the age of 6 and has several decades of dance training in Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Lyrical, Hip Hop, Gymnastics, Acrobatics, Hula, Tahitian, Maori and World Dance. She trained locally in the San Francisco Bay Area, as well as in Los Angeles, with teachers such as Mary Ann Norris, Dee McGee, Michael Rooney, Joe Tremaine, Chris Dupree and Doug Caldwell. Her extensive vocal training in both Classical Music and Musical Theater has also enabled her to pursue various avenues in the performing arts. Debbie has more than 30 years of experience as an instructor and choreographer. She started her career at the age of 14, teaching and choreographing for a local studio and by 15, she was already directing a championship dance team. In addition to presiding on the staff of various studios, she has also owned and operated her own Mobile Performing Arts Program and acted as Dance and Performance Director for various schools and Adult Education Programs. As a student, she was awarded 100’s of championships and titles for her performances in Regional, State and National competitions. Under her direction, Debbie’s students have also won countless titles from the Regional to National levels. Her students have graced the Broadway stage, performed on MTV and in music videos. Several of her dancers have also gone on to become choreographers and instructors. Debbie regularly judges Dance and Performing Arts competitions and Scholarship Pageants.
Debbie De Mello Pine
Tuition is based on a full year program and is broken down into monthly installments.is per student and adjusted according to the number of classes for which a student is registered. See schedule. Full tuition is due by the 1st of each month and is considered late by the 5th of each month. Monthly installments do not vary, regardless of holiday closures or months in which 5 lessons are offered. Tuition reserves a student’s space in the class, whether or not they attend. Therefore, tuition does not vary according to attendance.
Refunds and Drop Notices
There are no refunds or credits for classes paid in monthly installments. If you wish to drop or suspend a class for any reason, a 30 day written notice, accompanied by your final tuition payment is required. Written Drop Notices must be dated, signed and submitted directly to your instructor. Verbal notices will not be accepted. If you wish to drop, suspend or change a class, please obtain the proper form from your instructor and complete and return with your final payment by the appropriate date.
*Level 2 and above by instructor approval
Tuition for Debbie De Mello Pine Youth Classes
1 hour per week
1.5 hours per week
2 hours per week
2.5 hours per week
3 hours per week
3.5 hours per week
4 hours per week
4.5 hours per week
Unlimited Class Rate
Trial Class Fee
$64 per month
$85 per month
$105 per month
$125 per month
$145 per month
$165 per month
$185 per month
$195 per month
$210 per month
$20 per class
$25 (must accompany first tuition payment)
(This is not a lifetime enrollment fee. Students who drop or suspend classes for more than 90 days will be treated as a new registration and will be required to resubmit the registration fee.)
PAYMENTS FOR DANCE CLASSES ARE TO BE SUBMITTED DIRECTLY TO THE INSTRUCTOR AND MAY BE PAID BY CASH, CHECK OR MONEY ORDER, PAYABLE TO DANCE BOULEVARD. TUITION IS NON REFUNDABLE AND NON TRANSFERABLE.
*Monthly tuition payments for all classes are due by the 1st of each month (not the first lesson). A late fee of $10 will be accessed on the 5th. Class participation may be denied for outstanding accounts. Monthly tuition payments are non-refundable. Rates shown are per individual student and based on a 4 week (lesson) month. There are no additional discounts. Tuition payments will not be prorated except in the case of a mid-month start date.
Private Lessons are available by arrangement with instructor. Tuition for Private Lessons is due by the 1st of the month and payable directly to the instructor (Debbie De Mello Pine).
One ½ hour Private Lesson per week $160 per month (months with 4 lessons)
One ½ hour Private Lessons per week $200 per month (months with 5 lessons)
Private Lessons may be utilized to catch a student up on class material, accelerate the learning process or for choreography of solo dances for an individual student for performances (additional choreography fees may apply). There are no makeup lessons for missed private lessons, unless cancelled by instructor.
Regular attendance provides the opportunity for students to advance at similar rates, prepare for performances and work as a cohesive team. Absences affect a student’s progression and performance. Excessive absences may prevent participation in performances and in extreme cases result in expulsion from the program. Absences do not decrease tuition balances due.
If there is another class available, students may have the option to make up a missed class due to absence. Make up classes are subject to classroom availability and the instructor’s discretion. Parents must make previous arrangements with the instructor to attend an alternate class. Please be aware that each class is unique with different curriculum, so attending an alternate class may not always keep your child up to date with the routine of his/her normal weekly class. Students may not alternate classes. Make up lessons must be taken within four weeks of the missed class or will be forfeited. There is a limit of one makeup class per month. If your child will be absent, a 24 hour notice of cancellation is required or makeup class option will be forfeited. You may notify your instructor via email, voicemail or text.
Warm- up time is extremely important in dance to avoid injury. Students are required to arrive on time, in proper dress code attire and with hair up. For the safety of each student, anyone arriving after the first 15 minutes of class will not be allowed to participate.
Performances allow students to gain confidence, advance skill level and provide a service to the community. We typically have one full scale recital per year in which most of our recreational students are invited to participate. Performance opportunities are available at the instructor’s discretion. Costume fees for recital costumes are due in
full at time orders are placed (typically in the Fall) and vary by class, as well as the amount of numbers your child will participate in. Costume and Recital Fees are non-refundable.
Competition Teams and Performance Teams are by audition/invitation only by the instructor. Students that are invited to participate on these teams typically participate in 4 or more required classes per week, are of an intermediate or above level and show dedication and consistency in their dance education. Students that participate on these teams are required to attend all required classes, rehearsals, performances and competitions for the full season. Level placement and advancement for all students (recreational or performance) is at the sole discretion of the instructor, not the parents.
A strict dress code has been implemented for all of our youth classes. Each class has individual requirements that all students must follow. These requirements are not optional. We are pleased to announce that we are now partnered with Virtual Dance Boutique and CostumeManager.com to fulfill the required dress code needs of our students. The site will not only allow parents and students to view dress code requirements by class, but will enable you to order and purchase all necessary items, including required uniform leotard, tights, shoes, etc. This will take the guess work out of purchasing the dress code items and provide one stop, online ordering and purchasing of most of your items. Orders will be delivered to the studio for your instructor to check and distribute. Please note, attire and shoes are brand, style and color specific. Substitution of items is prohibited unless approved by your instructor. New students are required to have all required dress code items within 2 weeks of enrollment.
You may access the Virtual Dance Boutique at www.virtualdanceboutique.com or www.costumemanager.com. Once on the site, you will click on the Dancer button. You will be asked to enter your instructor’s name (Deborah Demellopine) and/or your studio name (De Lynn Dance Company). Entries are case sensitive. There, you will find a page with a schedule of our classes. Click on your child’s class/day/time and you will be directed to your child’s class page containing the dress code for that class. If your child is enrolled in multiple classes, please go to the appropriate class pages and order the required items. We have created one universal leotard requirement for all of our classes, but shoe and tight requirements may vary from class to class. Please note, the leotard is screen printed with our Dance Company logo and cannot be purchased from any other source. Child and adult item sizes are shown for some classes that have mixed age groups. Items are identified as required, recommended or optional, so please order accordingly. The site will also direct you to tutorial videos, should you have any challenges or questions during the ordering process. If you have a barcode app on your Smartphone, you will also be able to access the appropriate Dress Code pages by scanning the barcode printed on our posted Dress Code pages.
In addition to Dress Code attire, students and parents may purchase optional Dance Company items, such as sweatshirts, dance bags, shoe bags, garment bags, tee shirts, etc., through our GTM Sportswear Team Store. You may access the site at http://teamstore.gtmsportswear.com/delynndancecompany
Parents, please note that on rare occasions it is necessary to cancel and reschedule Saturday classes due to performances, competitions or training, which are weekend events. You will be given ample notice of any such changes and any students, not on performance teams will be offered an opportunity to make up the class on an alternate day and time. There will be no refunds or credits for class changes. However, every effort will be made to reschedule for your child should you wish to makeup the class.
- Observation of classes inside the dance studio is prohibited at all times. Parents are welcome to wait in the downstairs lobby, but due to space constraints it is highly recommended (unless you have a small child attending) that you drop off your child and pick them up at the completion of his/her class. Because there are other classes going on in the studio adjacent to the main lobby, we ask that parents and younger siblings do not cause disruption of classes. Cell phone use in the classroom and lobby are strictly prohibited. If you must talk on the phone, please take it outside.
- Parents and students are asked not to disrupt any class that is in progress. Please do not walk through classes that are taking place. Parents of students ages 3-5 may walk their child to and from the classroom, careful not to disrupt other classes. Parents of students ages 6 and up should remain downstairs.
- Students must be on time for classes. Any student that is more than 15 minutes late for class may not participate in class that day. It is important for students to participate in warm-ups. Late arrival also causes a disruption in class.
- Students must abide by the dress code at all times.
- Hair must be pulled back for all classes. Hair should be secured in a bun for Ballet class. For all other classes, hair must be in a bun or pony tail. Short hair must be pulled back from the face.
- No jewelry should be worn to class. Post earrings are acceptable, but please no necklaces, bracelets or anklets.
- Food, drinks and gum are not allowed inside the studio. Students may bring bottled water.
- Street shoes are not allowed on the dance floor. Students are not to wear their dance shoes outside.
- Cell phones must remain turned off and put away during classes,
- For the protection of the students and to keep disruptions to a minimum, photography and video taping of students inside the studio is strictly prohibited. Videotaping and photographing during any performance is also strictly prohibited.
- Dance performance numbers and routines are the sole property of the instructor. Students are prohibited to perform these numbers at functions, shows or competitions, without written consent from your instructor. Posting the instructor’s choreography on internet sites and social networks such as YouTube is also prohibited.
- Tuition accounts must be current in order for students to participate in classes and performances.
- Students are required to attend class regularly to participate in classes and performances. Excessive absences may be just cause to pull students out of performance numbers.
- Students are required to attend their regularly scheduled class. Students may not attend an alternate class unless they have permission from the instructor.
- Disrespect toward instructors, staff members and other students by any parent or student will not be tolerated, and may be just cause for dismissal from the program.
- Parents and students will be required to follow any rules and guidelines pertaining to classes and performances.
- Parents are required to review all General Class Information, Rules and Policies material and sign the Enrollment Agreement prior to student’s attendance in classes. Failure to abide by the guidelines and policies may result in termination of enrollment.
(We run a year around program and do not break for Summer)
There will be no classes on the following dates:
December 24 through January 1 (classes resume January 2nd)
February 17 President’s Day
July 4 Independence Day
There are no credits or adjustments to tuition for the above holidays. Your monthly tuition is based on a yearly session amount. Students are welcome to take class on an alternate day and time to makeup. Please pre-schedule with your instructor.
Please note, on rare occasions, there may be a need to cancel a class due to performances, competitions, student attendance, instructor illness or other scheduling conflicts. In the case of a cancellation by the instructor, classes will be rescheduled or a makeup class will be offered on an alternate day. Parents will be given ample notice.
Parent Observation Weeks
As a general rule, we do not allow parents or guests to observe classes. This policy applies to ALL of our classes, including toddler and preschool age. Focus needs to be on the students and curriculum, so this helps keep distractions and interruptions to a minimum. We run a structured program, so it is important that even our younger students are able to function independently of their parents. As a courtesy to the parents, we have 3 Parent Observation Weeks scheduled for the upcoming year.
Those dates are available by email
Observation during these weeks is limited to parents only. Friends, siblings and other family members will not allowed in the classroom. Observation is also limited to regular technique classes for beginning level students only. There will be no observation of Intermediate/Advanced classes or Junior and Senior Team Classes. Parents are expected to follow the classroom rules. No photos or video will be allowed. Cell phones must remain off. Observation weeks are subject to rescheduling by the instructor, pending any performance or competition that may be scheduled.